Pupil Premium is funding that has been provided to schools by the government to provide additional support for the achievement of students who are currently registered or have been registered at any point in the past 6 years for Free School Meals. It is also provided for students who are in Local Authority Care and a premium has also been introduced to include children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces.
The Pupil Premium funding is being used to help raise achievement levels and improve progress across the curriculum. The attached letter provides further information on the wide ranging strategy Glossopdale School has developed in order to maximise the benefits of Pupil Premium funding on students achievement and potential. The letter also extends the opportunity for you to make suggestions in how we use the funding.
For the current academic year we have included in the documents below;
- our school’s pupil premium grant allocation amount
- a summary of the main barriers to educational achievement faced by eligible pupils at the school
- how we'll spend the pupil premium to overcome those barriers and the reasons for that approach
- how we’ll measure the effect of the pupil premium
- the date of the next review of the school’s pupil premium strategy
For the previous academic year, we have included:
- how we spent the pupil premium allocation
- the effect of the expenditure on eligible and other pupils
Pupil Premium Impact All Interventions (2017-18)
Pupil Premium Action Plan (2018-19)Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Programme (2018-19)