Why is revision important?
- It helps you to learn and improve on your skills.
- Gives a better understanding of the topics covered in your exams.
- Helps you to commit to memory what you have learnt during your course.
- To help you practice planning and writing answers.
It is good practice to do some revision all year round as you will able able to find out what is the best way of revising for you, how best to set out the information you need to work through, are you better revising alone or with a friend? Do you prefer several short revision sessions or a longer period? This way as you head towards your exams you will be well prepared to make a revision timetable to suit you and the topics covered in each course will be easy to work through. Click here for a detailed guide filled with helpful hints and tips to make revising for exams easier along with links to other resources for revision.
English - Year 11
- Animal Farm by George Orwell - Whole Text
- Recommended Revision Guides
- AQA English Literature Further Insight Textual References Guidance
- BBC Bitesize English Language
- BBC Bitesize English Literature
- Mr Bruff’s Revision Videos
- R1 A Christmas Carol Revision Booklet
- R2 Romeo and Juliet Revision Booklet
- R3 Power and Conflict Revision Booklet
- R4 Animal Farm Revision Guide
- A Christmas Carol Knowledge Organiser
- Edexcel Scheme of Work
- Maths Revision Notes
- Student/Parent Guide
- Method Maths
- My Maths
- KS3 Homework
- KS4 Homework
Science - Year 11
- Past paper - Science Foundation Tier
- Past paper Science - Higher Tier
- Past paper - Biology
- Past paper - Chemistry
- Past paper - Physics
- Space for Reflection - Foundation
- Generating Electricity
- Online French Dictionary
- Online German Dictionary
- Sam Learning
- French Podcasts
- German Podcasts
- Fun with Languages
- French - ZUT Languages
- German - Gut
- Geo Resource
- Ace Geography - Year 11 Revision
- Cool Geography
- WJEC Spec B Revision Guide
Paper 1: Beliefs and Practices
Paper 2: Thematic studies, Revision materials