Why is revision important?
- It helps you to learn and improve on your skills.
- Gives a better understanding of the topics covered in your exams.
- Helps you to commit to memory what you have learnt during your course.
- To help you practice planning and writing answers.
It is good practice to do some revision all year round as you will able able to find out what is the best way of revising for you, how best to set out the information you need to work through, are you better revising alone or with a friend? Do you prefer several short revision sessions or a longer period? This way as you head towards your exams you will be well prepared to make a revision timetable to suit you and the topics covered in each course will be easy to work through. Click here for a detailed guide filled with helpful hints and tips to make revising for exams easier along with links to other resources for revision.
English - Year 11
- Animal Farm by George Orwell - Whole Text
- Recommended Revision Guides
- AQA English Literature Further Insight Textual References Guidance
- BBC Bitesize English Language
- BBC Bitesize English Literature
- Mr Bruff’s Revision Videos
- R1 A Christmas Carol Revision Booklet
- R2 Romeo and Juliet Revision Booklet
- R3 Power and Conflict Revision Booklet
- R4 Animal Farm Revision Guide
- A Christmas Carol Knowledge Organiser
Support for all years9-1 Edxcel specification
Key Stage 4Year 10 higher Scheme of Learning
Year 10 foundation Scheme of Learning
Year 11 have individual SOL that are currently being written in response to the mock exams.
Key Stage 3Term 1 Year 7 SOL
Term 1 Year 8 SOL
Year 9 higher Scheme of learning
Year 9 foundation Scheme of Learning
Students progress is monitored with mini reviews and open book assessments.
Homework and Support
mathswatch – students know their username and passwords. The majority of homework is set online. Extension material can be accessed on the website on an individual basis. There is also access to self-help videos to support learning.
https://online.justmaths.co.uk/ - students need to ask their teacher for username and password. This site is mainly for Key Stage 4. It contains worksheets and videos on three key areas:
- The crossover between higher and foundation papers
- Working above – which is for higher students
- Working towards – which is for foundation students
- GCSE countdown – which covers key skills month by month
Websites to support learning:
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html - This contains videos and worksheets on a grade basis. It also contains past papers and practise papers with solutions.
There are revision classes on after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for year 11 GCSE classes. Students need to ask their teacher for which class will suite them best.
There is a homework support on Wednesday lunchtime available to all years.
Tutor time intervention on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. This is by invitation only.
We take part in the UK Maths challenge, the sumdog challenge and the Cipher challenge in conjunction with Southampton University.
Science - Year 11
- Past paper - Science Foundation Tier
- Past paper Science - Higher Tier
- Past paper - Biology
- Past paper - Chemistry
- Past paper - Physics
- Space for Reflection - Foundation
- Generating Electricity
- Online French Dictionary
- Online German Dictionary
- Sam Learning
- French Podcasts
- German Podcasts
- Fun with Languages
- French - ZUT Languages
- German - Gut
- Geo Resource
- Ace Geography - Year 11 Revision
- Cool Geography
- WJEC Spec B Revision Guide
Paper 1: Beliefs and Practices
Paper 2: Thematic studies, Revision materials