School uniform is compulsory to all students from Years 7-11 when attending school, representing the school, travelling to and from school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
We expect all parents, carers and staff to support the view that uniform helps to create an orderly atmosphere which is conducive to learning and reflects a positive image in the community.
For Post 16 students, please see the separate dress code. Uniform is not compulsory for students in the Sixth Form. Students should however, dress in a smart/casual and business like manner.
- Black school blazer with school logo
- White Shirt (shirts not blouses)
- School tie (Year 7&8 - gold with blue stripes, Year 9&10 blue with gold stripes, Year 11 black with gold stripes)
- Optional royal blue V-neck jumper/cardigan with school logo
- Plain tailored black trousers
- Medium length/on the knee, black school skirt with at least one pleat
- Suitable and sensible black shoes leather/leather look, white or black socks (not above knee level). Shoes must not contain white or coloured flashes.
- Plain thick black tights can be worn with skirts
- Open-toed sandals & high heels are not allowed.
- Jeans, tracksuits, leggings, tight skinny trousers & short ‘pull-on’ skirts are not allowed.
- No clothes to be ‘figure hugging’
- Hooded tops are not allowed around school.
- Coloured laces are not allowed in shoes
- No boots to be worn
- Belts should be black, not coloured.
- Students must wear the blazer around school at all times
- Students can remove their blazer in lessons only with permission of the teacher
- Black polo shirt with school logo
- Black shorts with school logo
- Black football socks or plain white sports socks
- Black hoodie with school logo (optional)
- Black jogging pants/leggings (optional)
- Black shower proof jacket (optional)
- Indoor sensible sports shoes
- Outdoor sensible sports shoes
Uniform Stockist and Supplier
- School Uniform is available from various retailers
- School ties can only be purchased from Glossopdale School
- Glossopdale School logo badges for the blazer can also be purchased from school if a plain blazer is purchased
Jewellery and Makeup
- Stud earrings: one pair of studs in lower ear (not sleepers),
- Watch. Earrings are not allowed in tops of ears
- Other visible body piercing is not allowed
- No other items of body jewellery are allowed
- Nail varnish or false nails are not allowed for Years 7-11
- Extreme hairstyles are not allowed (Natural hair colours only)
- No make up allowed in Years 7-9.
- In Years 10 and 11 a small amount of discreet make up is permitted.
In Science and other practical subjects it may be necessary to tie back long hair during practical work and to wear lab coats or aprons to protect clothing. These will be provided by the school.
Our full uniform policy can be viewed here