Aims and ambitions:
- The aim of the Food and nutrition curriculum is to introduce students to healthy eating and to understand the functions of different nutrients on our bodies and how food affects our overall health.
- The emphasis is on students developing basic culinary skills and knowledge of foods, healthy eating and nutrition so that they will be able to make informed food choices now and in the future.
- Students should have the skills and confidence to:
- cook for themselves.
- Work safely and hygienically in the kitchen to make a range of dishes using various techniques.
- Learn about how food affects our bodies and how it affects the environment.
Please click on the link below to view our Curriculum Map